Monday

Timepiece Review


Timepiece by Myra McEntire


Pages:
Series: Hourglass Book 2
Summary (from Goodreads): A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...

Kaleb Ballard's relentless flirting is interrupted when Jack Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, timeslips in and attacks before disappearing just as quickly. But Kaleb has never before been able to see time travelers, unlike many of his friends associated with the mysterious Hourglass organization. Are Kaleb's powers expanding, or is something very wrong?

Then the Hourglass is issued an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the time gene, or time will be altered with devastating results. 

Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Jack. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...

The follow-up to Hourglass, Timepiece blends the paranormal, science fiction, mystery, and suspense genres into a nonstop thrill ride where every second counts.


If Timepiece were a dish served to me at a restaurant, I would order ten. And come back for more. This begin said, I was a bit wary of this book. I swear by Hourglass. It's undoubtably one of my favorite books of 2011. And I wasn’t completely sure the sequel could match the hope I had for it. In addition, I wasn’t sure about the shift in narrative. But when I finished Timepiece, all I felt was love. I don’t want to spoil anything, so I’ll keep my fangirling brief. 
Kaleb is the sexiest guy narrator ever. I seriously fell in love with him. His development was clear and believable. And his humor! I was laughing at every turn of the page. 
The plot was simply amazing. The twists and turns were always unexpected. Each detail felt important and relevant to the story, and each character added something. And there’s a certain magic to the tale, something you just don’t see everyday.  The pacing was perfect, and before I knew it I was finished with this wondrous creation.
This review could be sprawling and filled with spoilers, but it still wouldn’t, couldn’t,  be able to truly capture the true essence of Timepiece. To understand the AMAZING that is this book, you must read it.  So with the highest recommendations, I’m giving Timepiece 5/5 stars. In all honesty, it deserves closer to 100. But alas. 

If you haven’t read Hourglass or Timepiece...What are you waiting for? Shoo. The clock’s ticking. 
-Jill 

2 comments:

  1. Soo, I kind of avoided reading this rview because I haven't even read Hourglass yet, which is bad, very bad of me. I just saw that you liked it, so I'm gonna trust your opinion and somehow get my hands on Hourglass...soon.
    Nice blog, by the way!
    And I follow you now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Liebster blog award, you can go to my post to check out what you have to do next. :)http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    Kyra
    www.blogofabookaholic.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete