Sunday

First Impressions: Isla and the Happily Ever After


Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last?

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart.
Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins’s beloved series.

Release Date: August 14, 2014

It's no secret that I adored Stephanie Perkins' debut Anna and the French Kiss. It was everything one could want in a YA contemporary romance. And I am very happy to say that I think this one might top it. I only read the first 46 pages, but man were they delectable. Perkins' writing style is superb as ever, delighfully familiar to fans of her previous work. The pacing is on point and the details truly help build the world in my mind. I love Isla as the narrator, and as a fellow redhead, I can certainly relate to her frustrations about blushing constantly. She's the quiet girl everyone knows, but she's more than that too. She's kind and lovely and might not be as good a girl as we think. The other main character, Josh, whom we met in Anna, is back again, this time as the love interest. He's intriguing and mysterious and leaves me wanting to know more. What's his deal? I guess I'll just have to wait for August 14th to find out. 

Conclusion: This was an excellent beginning to a novel that I am certain will be just as delightful. Mark your calendars, because this is one book you won't want to postpone reading. 



Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment