Saturday

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

The Dream Thieves (Raven Cycle #2)

Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. 
  
Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. 

Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

The Dream Thieves is the second book in the Raven Cycle series, and the sequel to The Raven Boys. I adored The Raven Boys, but I think I prefer the sequel. The books are set in Henrietta, a relatively small Virginia town. It's a town filled with hit men and prep school boys and clairvoyants and boys who can take objects from their dreams. The Dream Thieves is brimming with mystery, adventure, romantic confusion, and most of all, magic. The entire plot is captivating, and there was not a moment I wanted to set the book down, even to eat, let alone sleep. The world, though fantastical, has an element of reality that makes it even more compelling. The story is filled with tiny facts and details that left me yearning for more more more. The character development in the novel is ample, but not unrealistic. The main characters themselves are cool yet flawed, and I wish they were my best friends. The relationship growth between characters is practically tangible and it's genuinely fascinating to see how they change. The side characters, too, are equally compelling and relatable. Even though most of them are psychics, they make the story seem more real by adding minute details. With the characters' eyes acting as a lens and her majestic writing style, Stiefvater builds a world I want to live in more than any other. The writing itself seems to ebb and flow, though Stiefvater's writing style is entirely different from any other author I have had the pleasure of. The Dream Thieves is absolutely one of my favorite books. It is unparalleled in the YA fantasy realm, with compelling characters, an engrossing plot, and beautiful writing. In my eyes, this book (and series) is exceptional, and practically without fault. There is no part of me that hasn't adored reading The Dream Thieves nearly a dozen times. Needless to say, I'm giving this book a perfect 5 star rating, because, were it up to me, I'd give it as many stars as fill the night sky over Henrietta. I'd honestly recommend this book to nearly anyone, because I think it's so spectacular. If you're looking for an amazing adventure, pick up the first book in the series The Raven Boys, and don't stop there, because The Dream Thieves is even better. 


Jill
P.S.
GANSEY + BLUE FOR LIFE. #OTP 

No comments:

Post a Comment