Friday

Redefined

First, a few answers to some questions the voices in my head wanted me to answer.

1. Why did I start blogging?
When I first started blogging, I thought it would be a fun, easy way to get involved in the book community. And yes, it was fun, but it sure wasn't easy.

2. Why did I decide to stop blogging?
Blogging became a chore, and that's when I knew I couldn't continue on the level I was trying to be at. Being a full time book blogger just wasn't an option for me at this point in my life. The thought of having to run a full-time blog on top of all my struggles was making me lose my mind. And I felt so bad, giving up on being a book blogger. I don't want to let anyone down, least of all myself.

3. Why am I even writing this post?
I'm extending a proposal. I'm not sure if it's a thing to blog during the summer, but I'm gonna make it a thing. Summer is one of the only times I don't feel like I'm going mad, and the only time it's feasible for me to blog regularly. So here's the plan: I'm going to be a part-time book blogger (posting once ever week and a half or so) during the school year and revert to a full time schedule during my summer (which as it happens is a good 3 months). That way I can still be a fairly active member of the community while still remaining sane. I'm going to try and keep up a schedule, which will be posted later. This plan gives me a huge sense of relief. I can satisfy my needs, and not feel like such a failure.

What do you think of this plan? Do you have any suggestions?
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment