Saturday

RETURN OF THE JILL

In regards to the title, I really really like Lord of the Rings.

This blog has been vacant for more than a year. I wish things had gone differently, but at the same time, I do not. I do not regret quitting blogging in order to focus on school and friends. I do not regret quitting blogging to take care of myself. Now, however, I am happy to announce my return. Summer has begun, and I've been reading with more voracity that ever. My health has vastly improved, and my social calendar, though still busy, has slowed with the arrival of summer break. I finally can breathe. 
More than ever, though, I miss blogging. Today, while walking around Barnes and Noble, I realized I had no idea what new books to try--because I had been out of the book community for so long. It was necessary, but so is my return. 
I do not announce my reemergence with vacant promises and empty words. For the first time in nearly two years, I feel as though I have enough time to dedicate to blogging. Part of the reason I stopped blogging was because it wasn't something I could half-ass, nor would I feel okay with doing so. But--it's the summer before my final year of high school. It's time. 
In order to get back into the swing of blogging, for the first few weeks, I am going to do some reviews of my favorite books from the past months. As I continue reading new books, I will review those, too. 

In the next couple weeks I plan to review:
Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson (The Bloggess) 
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Steifvater 

After the 27th, I will be in London for three weeks doing an internship. Things will get bit crazy with getting ready, so while I hope I can post more, I know it will be tricky! 

I am very excited to be back, and I can't wait to get started! 

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment